Wondering just how much time until the start of the 2021 London Marathon?
... well wonder no more - the count down timer above shows you exactly how much (or how little) time you have left to get in your training.
Will YOU be Ready?
- The 2020 London Marathon mass start has now been CANCELLED (there will be a virtual race - more details below)
- The 2021 London Marathon race will not take place in April - the new date has been set for the Autumn for the first time in the races history and will take place on Sunday the 3rd October
- The 2021 London Marathon mass start time is 9:30am (British Summer Time clocks don't change back to GMT until 24th Oct)
- There are 3 separate start points located in the Blackheath area
There will be a "Virtual" London Marathon event on the 4th October 2020.
Wondering just how much time until the start of the virtual 2020 London Marathon?
- The 2020 London Marathon mass start has now been CANCELLED
- The 2020 London Marathon will still have an Elites Only race - the date for that is now Sunday the 4th October
- The start times for the Elite races have yet to be confirmed. But the count-down clock below is based on them starting at 08:40 as they would usually.
The Virgin Money London Marathon
2020 is 40th Anniversary of the London Marathon
That's right - the London Marathon has been a regular fixture in the (Spring) marathon calendar for 4 decades!
8 Week Base Training Plan.
On your mobile phone.
A simple and very effective base training plan to get you in fantastic condition to train for any endurance running race (great for a marathon). Delivered straight to your mobile phone. Get in tip-top shape to crush your race training and smash that new PB.
- 08:40 – Elite Wheelchair Races
- 08:45 – World Para Athletics Marathon Championships Ambulant Athletes
- 08:55 – The Elite Women's Race
- There is also a 3 mile 'mini-marathon' children's (11 to 17 years of age) race that starts at 08:30
Other race start times
Whilst the Elite Men's race and the mass start is at 9:30, there are several other races on the same day as follows:
Download a printable marathon day checklist
Want to make sure you arrive at the start line well prepared - with everything you'll need for a less stressful race experience? My handy checklist can help with that...
The London Marathon course takes in some of London's famous landmarks. So, running the race or indeed spectating can be a great opportunity to get in some sight seeing.
Do you want an easy to follow and complete marathon training system?
- Are you confused about how to best train to for your next marathon?
- Want to add strength training or mental toughness training - but don't know how?
- Do you want to make sure your nutrition and recovery are optimised (you should)?
- Not sure how to carb-load properly?
- Would you like the support and guidance of an experienced running coach?
If the answer to any of the above is YES, then you would benefit from the Marathon Success System. A fresh and unique online group coaching programme.
Providing that London gets approval to go ahead in October as currently planned. The programme will start at the end of July 2020 - in time for those running an Autumn marathon (like London).
If you'd like to know more about it and get a chance to be part of this ground breaking, complete, holistic training system - click the button below.