Wondering just how much time until the start of the 2021 London Marathon?
... well wonder no more - the count down timer below shows you exactly how much (or how little) time you have left to get in your training.
You missed out!
Will YOU be Ready?
- The 2021 London Marathon race will not take place in April - the new date has been set for the Autumn for the first time in the mass start races history and will take place on Sunday the 3rd October
- The 2021 London Marathon mass start time is 9:30am (British Summer Time clocks don't change back to GMT until 24th Oct)
- There are 3 separate start points located in the Blackheath area
- The 2020 London Marathon mass start was CANCELLED (there was a virtual race and an elites only race on the 4th October - more details below)
Be quick - you have until the countdown timer below reaches zero to get your ballot application submitted:
2021 Virtual London Marathon
The Virgin Money London Marathon
2020 was 40th Anniversary of the London Marathon
That's right - the London Marathon has been a regular fixture in the (Spring) marathon calendar for 4 decades! 2021 will be the 41st and hopefully it will be a mass start event once again, rather than an elite only event plus virtual race for the masses.
8 Week Base Training Plan.
On your mobile phone.
A simple and very effective base training plan to get you in fantastic condition to train for any endurance running race (great for a marathon). Delivered straight to your mobile phone. Get in tip-top shape to crush your race training and smash that new PB.
- 08:40 – Elite Wheelchair Races
- 08:45 – World Para Athletics Marathon Championships Ambulant Athletes
- 08:55 – The Elite Women's Race
- There is also a 3 mile 'mini-marathon' children's (11 to 17 years of age) race that starts at 08:30
Other race start times
Whilst the Elite Men's race and the mass start is at 9:30, there are several other races on the same day as follows:
Download a printable marathon day checklist
Want to make sure you arrive at the start line well prepared - with everything you'll need for a less stressful race experience? My handy checklist can help with that...
The London Marathon course takes in some of London's famous landmarks. So, running the race or indeed spectating can be a great opportunity to get in some sight seeing.
Does the London Marathon have a time limit?
Yes it is 8 hours. This is because that is the limit of the road closures that are in place for race day. So the cut-off point is 17:30 (5:30 pm).
How long is the London marathon race?
The London marathon is the official standard distance for all official marathons - which is:
- 26.2 miles
- 42.195 Km
There was a "Virtual" London Marathon event on the 4th October 2020. Approximately 45,000 runners took part in the virtual race all over the UK and in many other countries around the world.
- The 2020 London Marathon became an Elites Only race - on Sunday the 4th October
- The start time for the Mens's Elite race was 10:15am.
- For the men's race both Eliud Kipchoge and Kenenisa Bekele were due to take part. Being touted as quite the duel as they're the only two human's to have completed an official marathon in under 2 hours and 2 minutes! I for one was very keen to watch the event live on the BBC.
- Unfortunately Bekele had to pull out due to injury so did not take part in the 2020 elites only race.
- Kipchoge had an "off day" too and only managed an 8th place finish. Albeit in a very respectable time of 2:06:49. Sadly his unparalleled winning streak was broken. But as disappointed as I'm sure he was, I'm also sure he will bounce back.
Do you want an easy to follow and complete marathon training system?
- Are you confused about how to best train to for your next marathon?
- Want to add strength training or mental toughness training - but don't know how?
- Do you want to make sure your nutrition and recovery are optimised (you should)?
- Not sure how to carb-load properly?
- Would you like the support and guidance of an experienced running coach?
If the answer to any of the above is YES, then you would benefit from the Marathon Success System. A fresh and unique online group coaching programme.
Providing that London gets approval to go ahead in October 2021 as currently planned. The programme will start at the end of May 2021 - in time for those running an Autumn marathon (like London).
If you'd like to know more about it and get a chance to be part of this ground breaking, complete, holistic training system - click the button below.