Wondering just how much time until the start of the 2021 Manchester Marathon?
... well wonder no more - the count down timer below shows you exactly how much (or how little) time you have left to get in your training.
You missed out!
Will YOU be Ready?
- The 2021 Manchester Marathon date is now Sunday the 10th October
- The 2021 Manchester Marathon mass start time is 9:00am (British Summer Time - clocks don't change to GMT until later in Oct)
- Runners with a place for the original 2020 April event will need to pay any extra £10 fee to take part in October 2021.
Download a printable marathon day checklist
Want to make sure you arrive at the start line well prepared - with everything you'll need for a less stressful race experience? My handy checklist can help with that...
The Manchester Marathon
The Manchester Marathon course takes in some of Manchester's famous landmarks. So, running the race can be a great opportunity to do some sight seeing.
Below the course map you can watch a short aerial view video of the 2019 Manchester Marathon event.
The start and finish are fairly close to each other. With the finish being near the Old Trafford cricket ground.
Does Manchester Marathon have a Cut-Off time?
Yes, as with any city marathon, there are road closures in place to ensure the safety of the marathon participants. But the closures are only ever temporary. So the finish gantry will remain in place until 4pm. That gives a window of between 6 and a half and seven hours to complete the race.
Details of the road closures and the timing of re-opening various road can be found here.
Will there be pacers at the Manchester Marathon?
Yes, the race organisers are planning to have pacers available covering finishing times from 3 hours to 5 and a half hours in approximately 15 minute increments.
Details of the pacing teams can be found here.
8 Week Base Training Plan.
On your mobile phone.
A simple and very effective base training plan to get you in fantastic condition to train for any endurance running race (great for a marathon). Delivered straight to your mobile phone. Get in tip-top shape to crush your race training and smash that new PB.
Do you want an easy to follow and complete marathon training system?
- Are you confused about how to best train to for your next marathon?
- Want to add strength training or mental toughness training - but don't know how?
- Do you want to make sure your nutrition and recovery are optimised (you should)?
- Not sure how to carb-load properly?
- Would you like the support and guidance of an experienced running coach?
If the answer to any of the above is YES, then you would benefit from the Marathon Success System. A fresh and unique online group coaching programme.
Providing that London gets approval to go ahead in October 2021 as currently planned. The programme will start at the end of May 2021 - in time for those running an Autumn marathon (like London).
If you'd like to know more about it and get a chance to be part of this ground breaking, complete, holistic training system - click the button below.